School Supervision Plan
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- Arrival time for all students is from 8:45 – 8:50 AM. School starts promptly at 8:55 AM. Parents are not permitted to drop off their children at school until 8:45 AM.
- Students arriving from a bus are dropped off on the sidewalk in the driveway in front of the school. Students that are driven to school by their parents are let out in the designated drop off zone on the same side as the school on Brookville Rd (yellow curb). Students should exit the passenger side only and parents should pull all the way up to the end of the pick-up zone.
- In order to keep the flow of traffic, parents should not exit the car. Please do not park on the other side of Brookville Road.
- All students will enter the building and wait outside their classroom door under the supervision of teachers on duty.
- Walkers may join their designated class line.
- At 8:45 AM all Edison Recreation Before-Care students, who are in the multipurpose room, are dismissed to line up adjacent to their classrooms.
HALF DAY KINDERGARTEN ARRIVAL
- Arrival time for students is from 8:45 – 8:50 AM. School starts promptly at 8:55 AM. Parents are not permitted to drop off their children at school until 8:45 AM.
- Arrival time for students for the PM session is from 12:45 – 12:55 p.m. Parents are not permitted to drop off their children at school until 12:45 p.m. All students will enter through the main entrance and line up in the hallway near the multi-purpose room where they will be picked up by their teachers.
HALF DAY KINDERGARTEN DISMISSAL
- Dismissal time for students is 11:30 a.m. All students will be dismissed through the school’s main front entrance. Students taking bus transportation will be escorted to their bus through the main entrance in front of the school.
- Dismissal time for students is 3:26 p.m. All students who do not take bus transportation will be dismissed from Exit 8 in the back courtyard of the school. Students taking bus transportation will be escorted to their bus line.
K PM - SECOND GRADE DISMISSAL
- Dismissal time for students is 3:26 p.m. All walkers will be dismissed from exit 8-9. Parents should meet these students by this area.
THIRD GRADE - FIFTH GRADE DISMISSAL
- Dismissal time for students is 3:26 p.m. All walkers will be dismissed from exit 8-9. Parents should meet these students at this door, unless it has been designated by a parent that they may walk home alone.
- All students taking bus transportation (K-5) will be escorted to their bus line.
All students that are participating in the Edison Township After-Care program will proceed to designated classrooms. Once all students are dismissed, the students will be moved to the multi-purpose room for the program.
All parents of walkers will be asked to complete a dismissal form that delineates who the student may walk home with or if that student has permission to walk alone. Additionally, this form will include information regarding siblings who walk together.
*Click HERE for Walking Permission Slip*